Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Being creative is subjective. I think.

I got a bad respiratory infection a couple of weeks ago and it totally derailed my efforts to cultivate my creativity. The most creative thing I did for eight days was lay on the sofa with my dog and watch the 1995 TV miniseries "Pride and Prejudice" with Colin Furth in the role of Mr. Darcy.  One of my favorite friends, Jean, loaned them to me when she discovered I was sick.  Jane Austen's classic novel about the prejudice that occurred between the 19th century classes and the pride which would keep lovers apart has spawned more than one movie, but this one is now my official "favorite!"

However!  I am inspired by the costumes and settings of that era! Oh! But, I was born a hundred or so years too late!

It took all of last week to catch up on my work, and this morning, while whining to myself about not having any time for creativity, I realized I am creative in my work. Where most people will address envelopes with the aid of a computer, I like to hand write them. So, here is my creative offering for today. 

I'm getting back in my creative groove, so there will be more to come.

Whew! Glad that's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment