My New Year's Resolution for 2010 has been "to cultivate my creativity." Over the past two months, I've posted on my "all purpose" blog about some of the artistic projects I've taken on and then, this weekend, it occurred to me I needed a blog dedicated to my creativity. I like to write. And, that's what my "all purpose" blog is really for. But, as my inner artist unfolds, I want a place where I can show what I create and share about the designers (and I'm not talking about Ralph Lauren here) who inspire me to achieve my own creative voice. There are many, so it's likely to be a fun ride!
- I love taking pictures. My Number One favorite subject is people, but I'm very respectful of their personal space, so I don't just shoot pictures of people I don't know without their permission.
- I love letters and words. I worked for 20 years as a typesetter and find letterforms to be the ultimate communication tool. There are probably a hundred fonts in my head that I can identify on sight. Don't know if this is a particularly useful skill, but they're there, in my head, and often influence what I do on paper or computer screen.
- I love nature. It's my second most favorite subject to photograph.
- I love to doodle and draw. I don't know that I'm particularly good at it, but it's a sure bet that the more I do it, the better I'll get!
- I love-love-love fashion. We create ourselves every morning when we get dressed and I find it to be the ultimate art form!